How does an audience respond when a comedian steps out of character and confesses to feeling bad about a show?
I saw Anne Edmonds do a good comedy show on Saturday. It wasn’t perfect but then comedy isn’t. I went with a bunch of friends. We laughed at the good bits, forgave the fluffed lines and then headed off for supper ready for the standard wasn’t-it-funny-when conversation that is my favourite part of comedy.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today