Julia Anwar McHenry & Christina R Davies
Research is attempting to compare the mental health and wellbeing outcomes of arts participants and spectators with sports participants and spectators.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Being mentally healthy is just as important as being physically healthy. However, maintaining good mental health is complex with the need to support opportunities for good mental health and wellbeing across all facets of our life.1-3 Community settings involving arts and sports events are a major focus for community participation and are an ideal setting for promoting good health.4