The Confederation of Australian International Arts Festivals responds to the drastic reductions in funding for the small to medium arts sector.
Major Australian arts festivals have released a statement calling for the return of Australia Council funding, published in full below.
The Confederation of Australian International Arts Festivals is dismayed by the drastic reductions in funding for the small to medium arts sector as the impact of last year’s cuts to the Australia Council emerges with their announcement of the four-year funding results. We reiterate the LPA’s call “for the “$72.8 million cut by the Coalition from the Australia Council budget to be returned so that jobs, growth and innovation in the live performance industry can be sustained”.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today