The Government was quick to dismiss the value of the arts in December, rolling it into a new super department, but overwhelmingly artists and performers have stepped up with fire relief.
The art community was shocked in late December when the Federal Government unexpectedly announced that it no longer deemed it necessary to have a separate Department of the Arts, folding it into a new super department as a cost saving measure.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today