The fuss about Bill Henson's teen nudes points to a failure to understand the role of artists as truth-tellers.
Anyone with a teenager in the house knows they are sexualised beings. The development of an ambiguous potency that hovers on the edge of full sexuality is as much a reality of adolescence as hair growth and body odour.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today