Funding for the arts in Canada is soaring as Australia plateaus. Why are two similar countries treating the arts so differently?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
The Trudeau Government delivered on its promise to support the arts. What can Australia learn? Image via YouTube
There’s a strong feeling of optimism and positivity in the arts sector in Canada, said Simon Brault, Director and CEO, Canada Council for the Arts.
Last month the Federal Government doubled the budget of Canada Council – the equivalent of the Australia Council – as part of an injection of $1.9 billion into arts and culture over five years.