With the stroke of a pen, the Australia Council has defunded the theatre companies who collectively serve as the sector's research & development arm, arts leaders say.
The outcomes of the Australia Council’s latest four-year funding program have sent ripples of dismay through large swathes of this country’s arts sector. Almost 50 small-to-medium arts organisations who previously received four-year funding will lose that support from 2022 (after a year of reduced transitional funding in 2021).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today