Research has shown that over 60% of recent visitors attended cultural organisations as children, findings which have significant ramifications for the sector in the future.
Image Art Gallery of Hamilton’s Tots and Tours program, Ontario, Canada
It would seem a no brainer – if you were encouraged to appreciate cultural events when you were a child then that habit would naturally continue as an adult. While most of us have believed this to be fact, now there is statistical data that proves it true. The silver lining in that research, however, is what cultural institutions can do with that knowledge to ensure their future sustainability.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today