Carriageworks saved, thanks to a 20-year lease agreement and guaranteed annual funding - two necessities it has battled since opening in 2007, the lack of which forced it into administration.
The arts and culture sector reeled in shock when Carriageworks stepped into voluntary administration back in the first week of May 2020. Australia’s largest multi-arts precinct – and the first to topple during the pandemic – its doors had been closed since 23 March due to COVID-19.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today