The myth that science is superior to arts would end if all higher education courses included a creative component.
Several years ago I had to take my sick son to the doctor. The GP was close to retirement, and I was struck by his physical stiffness and hunched back. We started chatting and – I can’t remember how it came about – he said to me, ‘It makes me laugh how you arts people call yourselves “Doctor”. We have to study for years and years to call ourselves that’.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today