In a list that is heavily weighted towards the law and politics this year, the arts barely gets a look in – and largely at a ground roots level.
Shortly after the Queens Honour List was announced this year, social media went off with commentary about the value and honour across this year’s list. Heading up the list was former Prime Minister Tony Abbott – who you might remember lobbied back in 2014 to have this top honour turned into a Knighthood – his Companion of the Order (AC) came with a nod to significant contributions to border control and the Indigenous community.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today