In the first arts play in the 2013 federal election campaign the Greens have announced a policy for a $10 million boost to arts funding. This is why.
I am passionate about the Arts because it is key to achieving our personal potential and the transformation of Australia from a resource based economy to a knowledge and information based, innovative and creative society capable of facing the major challenges of this century.
Throughout my lifetime I have watched visual and performing artists contribute in a hugely significant way to social and environmental change and was reminded of that recently when I visited Reina Sofia Gallery in Madrid to see the fantastic exhibition of Encounters with the 1930s which highlighted how art and power joined force during the Spanish civil war.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today