It's no coincidence cuts are directed at arts, education and science, where strong voices are not compliant with Government ideology.
Freedom of expression is a right trumpeted by the Coalition government yet many of their actions are gradually quelling articulation of opinions which are not congruent with their own. This is often achieved through either funding cuts or constraints on the advocacy role of not-for-profit organisations.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today