There is now no government department with ‘arts’ in the title. Our political vanishing act should be a wakeup call for renewal as well as legitimate anger.
It will be ‘business as usual’ for arts policy and funding, said Paul Fletcher, Federal Minister for Communications, Cyber Safety and the Arts, commenting on the disappearance of the word ‘arts’ from the title of his government department. A statement that anyone interested in the quality of life in Australia should not find reassuring.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today