While viewed as an important step by some, changes to the Australian national anthem have been dismissed as tokenistic and uninclusive by First Nations Australians.
In an announcement no-one was expecting, the second line of the national anthem Advance Australia Fair was changed by PM Scott Morrison on New Year’s Eve with wording the ‘For we are young and free’ switched to ‘For we are one and free.’
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today