A new report reveals systemic issues in the craft and design sector that need to be addressed.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
There has been no better time to be a craft and design practitioner in Australia. The demand for the unique and hand made is growing exponentially and the community of over two million makers are embracing collaboration, new business models and digital technology.
Yet despite this boom and the presence of global opportunities for practitioners through platforms such as Etsy, a new benchmark report as part of the National Craft Initiative (NCI) has found the sector is at risk of becoming invisible.