Arts careers are notoriously erratic but fortune favours the prepared mind. Successful people reveal the way they have balanced directing their careers with being open to unexpected opportunities.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Arts careers are often described as non-linear, based on seizing opportunities rather than following a predictable path. Landing a position as an artistic director, actually getting published or finding oneself in demand as a performer is often described as a 'surprise' by many in the top of their field, who see only with hindsight how the past has created the present.