Our language tells us a lot about who we are: our embrace of trends, our professional priorities and where we place value. So what did 2019 say?
It is no surprise that the Oxford (Dictionary) Word of the Year is ‘climate emergency’, while the Collins Dictionary chose ‘climate strike’, despite the term first being registered in November 2015 during the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris. Artists too embraced the zeitgeist.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today