With the announcement of the Parliamentary Inquiry into the Arts during COVID, you might be wondering how to make a contribution or even if there is any point.
Last week the arts sector welcomed the Federal Government’s Inquiry into Australia’s creative and cultural industries and institutions, with many organisations (including ArtsHub) invited to make submissions. Like most inquiries it will have several stages – gathering evidence, drafting a report (with a committee to review what people have said and create recommendations) and presentation of that report to the public. The cynical might shrug and say it’s a pointless bureaucratic exercise, recommendations may not be followed through, and the sector is too busy surviving for this kind of navel gazing.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today