Sustaining a creative career is difficult for mothers, but as Dr Jackie Bailey argues there is a growing awareness of the need to better support women with children in the creative industries.
This is kind of embarrassing. I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent; I did an Arts degree so I have critical faculties. I am an advocate for diversity and representation in the arts. I rail against the unfairness of a system which disadvantages people of colour, disabled people, and people who are ‘othered’ by the existing power structures.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today