With the Arts disappearing as a Federal Government department title, David Pledger looks around the world to see how other nations value their culture and finds some lessons for Australia.
On the fifth day of the last month of the last year of last decade, Australia’s conservative government erased the Federal Ministry for the Arts.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today