The funding decisions are yet to be made but just the opportunity to think about how arts could transform a town has prompted new creativity in many small towns.
‘How can art transform your town?’ is a question that's inspiring regional communities. It began as Regional Arts Victoria's provocation for the Small Town Transformations initiative, but as our recent road trip showed us, it's inspired a lot more than expressions of interest for those substantial funds.
Within four days, the first of our two road trips covered eight towns and 1500km in a whirlwind series of visits to crowded gatherings. At each town, people told us just how far they'd travelled to meet us, and at each town, we were challenged with new ideas and new thinking that was grounded in community and place.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today