The ongoing state inquiry into grants has found a process that is difficult to understand and which makes it harder for individual artists to apply, according to sector representatives.
It has been going for months, but this week the inquiry into the grants system in New South Wales finally turned its attention to the arts. At a hearing in Sydney, six leading arts professionals told the inquiry about underfunding, uncertainty and a deep sector-wide frustration with lack of transparency.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today