How do you get your entry to stand out from the crowd? Jane O’Sullivan surveys the prizes to see how you could increase your chances.
Last year the Archibald Prize received over 1000 entries, the Blake Prize over 1200 and the Churchie National Emerging Art Prize, which is only for early career artists, got over 350. That kind of competition can be intimidating but, at a time when there are few traditional career paths in the art world, art prizes can also be useful CV-builders.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today