The Collaborative Book Industry Council has prepared a roadmap for the industry. Will it be enough?
It's no secret that times are tough for the book industry.
The news last week that Lonely Planet would be letting 80 staff go is just the latest example of a long-term downsizing trend. There have been hundreds of jobs lost in book retailing in recent years after the failure of the RED group. With the merger of Random House and Penguin heralding the first wave of a shake-out in multinational publishing houses, the job losses are expected to continue.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today