TAFE cuts around the country are dramatically lessening both opportunities for arts professionals and public engagement with the arts.
State Government budget cuts to The Technical and Further Education sector are widespread. In NSW the cuts to TAFE are $80 million, in QLD $78.8 million and in Victoria, the most dramatically affected, the cuts to a service providing for almost 500,000 students are $300 million with the loss of 2000 teaching staff.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today