Don't be discouraged by the naysayers. Many of the reasons you will hear not to work in the arts don't mesh with reality.
Tell a teacher, parent or even a stranger at a party that you want to work in the arts and you are likely to have cold water thrown on your ambitions. Myths perpetuated about the industry – and some within the arts sector itself – discourage wannabees from pursuing an arts career.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today