The 2016 Census will fail to record the work of the majority of artists who are not working full time on their creative pursuits.
The official tagline of the 2016 Census is “Your moment to make a difference”. And it’s true: if knowledge is power, then data is money. Data collected from the Census informs policy and planning and the way resources are allocated across all aspects of the community. But what about the artists, writers and thinkers? The contributions of the people who weave the rich cultural fabric of our society is largely ignored in data collection, perhaps an indication of the sidelining of the arts ecology in the whole economy.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today