Three major reports, on gender representation in the arts, the pay gap, and treatment of women in the workforce make sobering reading for International Women's Day 2016.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Reports on gender representation and equality bring sobering news. Image: Reading from Goethe's Werther by Wilhelm Amberg 1870 via Wikipedia
The Australian arts sector is filled with women: artists, managers, advocates and the majority of audiences too. But although the arts industry's workforce are predominately women, systematic gender inequality remains a continuing problem, new research has revealed.