New research reveals design and creative workers are more positive about their careers – even if they do have a tendency to embellish their CV.
Image: Photographer Laura Williams
It’s often assumed that people working in the arts and creative industries must love what they do because they get to exercise their creativity on a daily basis and collaborate with some of the brightest artistic minds in the country.
But what do creatives really think about their careers?
New research by Think Education explores young design and creative workers’ attitudes towards their career. As part of the Career Enhancer Survey, 1500 Australian workers aged 18-35 were polled about perceptions on career hurdles, motivations and ambition, revealing some surprises.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today