The Minister for the Arts has defended a $1 million grant to the Australian Ballet School, in a slasher budget where the rest of the arts sector lost more than $87 million.
Arts Minister George Brandis poses in front of a real estate hoarding advertising the sale of the Queen Anne mansion in Parkville to the Australian Ballet School. Image: Leigh Johns.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today