Most artists are better with ideas than insurance. Thank heavens for peak bodies to look after the nuts and bolts.
If you were asked, could you describe in say 20 words or less what it is that the peak arts service organisations do? While they occupy a crucial position in the broader arts ecology, their work and achievements are sometimes not well known or understood. When you’re an artist working towards an exhibition or performing on stage, the importance of getting things sorted like industry standards, artists rights, fair payment, tax, copyright, insurance, superannuation and so on fade behind the urgent issues of getting your art out in front of audiences and buyers. However, when something goes wrong who can help?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today