The new Arts Party is not a small issue party. There are good reasons why all of Australia needs this initiative.
Because art and creativity are seriously undervalued
There is a perception among our leaders that art, culture and creativity are optional extras in our society, an unnecessary drain on our country’s finances. That funding these things is an indulgence: so long as they sign the same size cheques their predecessors did, and send them off to the usual agencies to disburse, it can just be written off as status quo marketing. After all, it’s not really important, and there are no votes in it anyway.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today