The Government should be discussing skill needs with the industry, not blindly cutting education loans.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
In the wake of the Federal Government's decision to remove VET student loans from 57 of the 70 creative arts private provider courses previously covered, the Minister for Education argued the loans should only go to courses with reliable providers of job prospects. But the CEO of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training says the Minister has not consulted with the industry to identify these courses.