One teacher who has felt the cost of cuts to TAFE funding urges others to take action.
On Wednesday, Linda Swinfield finished 16 years of teaching at TAFEs in NSW. Her TAFE was advised of cuts in July 2012. Staff reductions began rolling out in October. This year enrolments to arts courses where she taught dropped 50% because students couldn’t afford the sudden and dramatic increase in fees. Fewer students meant fewer teachers. Some had to go. She was one of them.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today