With budgets shrinking, all arts are under pressure but heritage culture is doing it toughest.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Croydon Museum in the UK is currently threatening to sell off museum collections in order to fund an arts complex. English Heritage is facing additional 10% cuts whilst the Arts Council cuts are ‘only’ 5%. Museums Libraries and Archives (MLA) was one of the very first organisations to disappear in the UK bonfire of the qango’s (quasi-autonomous non-governmental organisations) a few years ago.