The war of words between artist Casey Jenkins and the Australia Council has escalated, with high profile artists coming into bat for Jenkins.
In what has been described as an ‘extraordinary intervention’, the Australia Council for the Arts has rescinded a $25,000 grant for performance artist Casey Jenkins' artwork IMMACULATE, citing ‘the potential legal risk [the project] presents’.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today