Performing Arts Market Development Fund
The Fund will support interstate and overseas opportunities that grow Queensland’s cultural economy, increase exposure, facilitate business and career growth, and expand markets and export revenue potential for Queensland-based musicians, performing artists and organisations.
Performing Arts Market Development Fund:
- Supports attendance and participation in national and international events and showcases that fast-track profile building, grow new networks and connections, and drive career sustainability and economic outcomes through new export markets.
- Generates national and international sales and touring revenue opportunities for Queensland-based artists and artsworkers by attending major industry markets and events.
- Enhances skills, professional practice, national and international connections to increase exposure and strengthen the reputation of Queensland’s talented music and performing arts sector.
Market exposure and development through showcasing and market attendance
The Fund supports market exposure and development opportunities for individuals or groups including:
- enabling Queensland-based artists’ and artsworkers’ participation in interstate and overseas buyers’ marketplaces
- extension of scope/scale of market activity showcasing
- attending key interstate and overseas market events to grow commissioning and presentation opportunities for Queensland artists.
Applications for showcasing activities will need to demonstrate that applicants have been invited by their national or international partners directly or have been selected through a competitive process.
Applicants must demonstrate how the supported activity/project forms part of their long-term plan for national or international engagement, growth of profile and market, and potential capacity to expand or replicate projects in other markets.
Bringing national and international presenters/promoters/reviewers to see Queensland performances
The fund will also support economy-class interstate travel and accommodation for national presenters/promoters/reviewers and visiting international presenters/promoters to experience performances being presented in Queensland.
For more information, visit Arts Queensland