The inaugural Cale Street Festival will bring all the fun of the fair to Midland on Sunday 20 January.
Showcasing the reinvigorated Cale Street precinct, the festival will celebrate all that Summer offers with family friendly activities, market stalls, live music and delicious food outlets.
Midland Gate is proud to be the major sponsor of the Cale Street Festival. Having just opened the second stage of the centre's $100 million redevelopment with the opening of Aldi, The Reject Shop, JB Hifi and twelve lifestyle stores, Midland Gate has evolved to become the area's premier fresh food, lifestyle and entertainment destination.
Centre Manager Alison Broadbent says the event is a first for Midland.
"The festival highlights what's on offer for customers to enjoy at Midland Gate on Cale Street, including San Churros, Mad Mex, Lone Star Rib House, Ishikiya Japanese and Chatters Restarant.
It will celebrate the best of the Midland community and is an event not to be missed."
Highlights of the Cale Street Festival will include:
- live Summer music ranging from jazz to indi rock to Bollywood and brass with entertainment stages featuring local performers, DJs, big bands and soloists
- a variety of food experiences with alfresco offerings from local restaurants and cafes
- pop-up street bars
- family fun including carnival rides, a special zone of free activities, face painting and plenty more for the kids
- weird and wonderful art activations throughout the precinct
- plenty of retail therapy with local business specials and market stalls
- roving entertainment performing around the festival all day
Local traders and volunteers from the community who would like to be involved can register their interest via Tracy at UpBeat Events firstname.lastname@example.org