ART. EAT. FUN
Are you ready to spend One Night in Footscray?
This November you can spend One Night in Footscray and discover the galleries, venues and hidden in-between spaces within the city.
Exhibitions, food, live music, performance and interactive art installations will collide for one night in this free and accessible program that has something for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Designed as a self-guided twilight journey through central Footscray, visitors will be able to view and engage in a wide variety of high-quality art experiences across different mediums and unexpected locations – all on ONE night.
And for those who are unsure of where to start, there will be free guided tours from Footscray Station, leaving at 6.30pm and 7.30pm.
- A Message for You – the Tangeneers return with another heartwarming interactive installation, where you can “pluck” and take home a pompom flower from Maddern Square
- Once upon a time in Footscray – pull up a chair and fill a book with your Footscray tales
- Street Skeeters – these roving performers are playful urban rascals, rolling with you through the night, playfully drawing attention to themes of accessibility
- Intersection – Art and the everyday intersect, Footscray’s quirkiness comes to life in the simple act of crossing the street
- Flouresence – Science Play Kids will collaborate with local artists Jessica Wilson and Shae Rooke creating a laboratory in Bar Josephine where children and adults can experiment
- Footscray icons, Snuff Puppets and the local Trugo Club, will also be among the 30 artists taking part on the night.
One Night in Footscray is an initiative of Footscray University Town – a partnership between Maribyrnong City Council and Victoria University (VU).
For more information and to view the full program, visit www.onenightinfootscray.com