Networking is a vital skill if you work in the creative industries, but many practitioners also consider it to be the stuff of nightmares. Sweaty palmed posers all trying to out-do each other in the bragging department? NO THANK YOU!
I HATE NETWORKING is an event that combines the educational elements of learning how to network with an opportunity to practice the skills in a safe and friendly environment, all the while embracing the discomfort of the whole process and having a laugh.
Tips that will be shared include:
- Preparing before the event;
- Working the event;
- Mastering the art of the introduction;
- Overcoming shyness, awkwardness and the urge to run away;
- Dealing with wankers and other difficult people;
- Getting the follow-up right.
You'll learn how to network, and then practice your new skills while enjoying some tasty canapés and a drink or two.