Ever wanted to turn your creative dream into a business reality? Are you already freelancing and want to know if you’re doing things properly? Are you an arts business and ready to move past "making it up as you go along"?
This fast, fun and information-packed workshop uncovers the ten worst 'pain points' on the road to a successful creative business, and gives practical guidance on how to manoeuvre past the pain and continue towards success.
- Setting goals and planning your business journey;
- Understanding and handling money matters;
- The key to managing time better;
- Introduction to creative tax and legal resources;
- Marketing tips and juggling the realities of combining art and business.
These Top Ten Tips are tailored specifically to creative people who are (or want to be) self-employed, and the tips are relevant no matter what your profession – filmmakers, writers, musicians, designers, visual artists, performers – all can benefit from a quick introduction or refresher to the basics of creative business.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
- Printed materials to help in class;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Top Ten Tips dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a dedicated webpage full of links and resources to help them get ahead in their creative business.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.