How do you say no? How do you negotiate your fees, and manage your professional relationships? Communication and mediation are vital parts of running any business, but many creatives have never learned the basics. Managing conflict in particular can be very scary indeed!
This fun and practical workshop goes through the basic elements of communicating with others, including the management of difficult negotiations and how to work towards a “win-win” scenario with tricky clients and challenging situations. We’ll also teach you how to manage the ‘deal’ – or the ‘no deal’.
By the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The basic elements of effective communication, especially in business;
- Useful tips when managing clients and customers;
- Managing negotiations, and how to think “win-win”;
- How to say NO without freaking out too much;
- Mapping conflict to reach the best resolutions;
- Practical application of these strategies, and more resources for mediation.
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- A workbook stuffed full of extra resources and exercises in both printed and PDF form;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Deal or No Deal? dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a website full of additional free resources.
The workshop is relaxed and informal, you can ask all the questions you’ve never been able to ask before, and participants will also be given ample opportunity to network and get to know each other.