Are you a culturally diverse creative or arts worker?
Join us for a free workshop to imagine a future where cultural diversity is present at every level in the arts!
Workshops will be co-hosted in NSW, SA, ACT and WA with our key state partners – The Street, Community Arts Network, and Nexus Arts with support from Country Arts WA & Country Arts SA. Some spaces available to people in other States/Territories. Submit your interest below.
The workshop flows from the personal to the structural and systemic; including exercises that reflect upon experiences of marginalisation in the arts to group exercises of collectively imagining milestones towards an equitable culturally diverse arts scene in 2050. Sydney University’s Dr Remy Low, Lecturer from the Sydney School of Education and Social Work, will be a workshop facilitator.
Workshop outputs will be shared via short films, podcasts, a report, written works and more – in order to reach a national audience to evoke steps towards equitable change by providing a platform for culturally diverse voices in the creative sector to be heard and an opportunity to connect and network with other creatives/arts workers.
- For SA, ACT and WA based culturally diverse creatives or arts workers, submit your interest by the next intake extended to 31 August. Apply below.
- All previous earlier submissions/intakes from culturally diverse creatives/arts workers from SA, ACT, and WA are still valid priority submissions and have been contacted about workshop preferences.
- ACT Workshops – Co-hosted by The Street Theatre on 14 September 2019.
- WA Workshops – Co-hosted by Community Arts Network with Country Arts WA at the venue of The State Library of Western Australia on 24 & 25 October 2019.
- SA Workshops – Co-hosted by Nexus Arts with support from Country Arts SA on 21 & 22 November 2019.
- For NSW applicants, registrations have closed for the January 2019 workshops but will re-open in the future.