International publishers may apply for a contribution towards the translation of Australian works by living authors of creative writing such as fiction, poetry, writing for children and young people, graphic novels, and narrative non-fiction (defined as autobiography, biography, essays, histories, literary criticism, or analytical prose). The majority of funding must be used to pay the rights holder and translator.
Australian publishers may also apply to support the translation of non-English language works to English, providing they are using an Australian translator.
Contributions of AUD $5,000 per successful applicant are available.
Who can apply:
- International publishers may apply for a contribution towards the translation of Australian works of creative writing, and a contribution towards promotion of the translated work
- Australian publishers may apply to support the translation of foreign language works provided they are using Australian translators, and a contribution towards promotion of the translated work.
- A maximum of two applications per publisher / applicant will be accepted per closing date.
Who can’t apply:
- Indie (self-published) authors
- Individuals and organisations who have an overdue grant report
- Individuals and organisations who owe money to Creative Australia
- Applicants who do not hold the rights of the work to be translated.
The next closing date is:
- Tuesday 5 December 2023, 3pm AEDT
- Tuesday 9 April 2024, 3pm AEST.
Please note: To apply you must be registered in our Application Management System a minimum of two business days prior to the closing date.
For more information, visit creative.gov.au