Are you interested in using puppetry and objects in your practise? Are you interested in taking you puppetry practise to the next level? Are you looking for puppetry performance opportunities? If so, the Lemony S Lab is for you…
What is it?
The Lemony S Lab will be a 10 month puppetry training and professional development for individual creatives, groups or small companies. Over the course of 10 months, participants will develop a new puppetry work of their own. Working with leading industry tutors, you will develop;
- skills in performance making
- writing for puppetry
- puppet making
- specific puppetry styles
- puppetry & set design
Tutors will include; Jacob Williams, Sarah Kriegler, Tamara Rewse, Samantha Butterworth, Peter Wilson, Sam Routledge, Philip Mitchell, Sonny Tilders and other industry experts to be announced.
- 20% of places in the Lab are reserved for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Creatives
- The Lab is free-of-charge for participants.
- The Lab will run one evenings 6-9pm in conjunction with the Victoria school terms (evening to be advised)
- The Lab will be held in the Inner North of Melbourne (venue to be advised)
- It will begin in March 2022 and end in December 2022
- There will a stipend of $1,000 offered to participants to assist with babysitting costs, transport, productions costs etc. (this stipend may increase depending on funding outcomes)
There will be 3 performance outcomes for Lab participants;
- creative development showing at La Mama Theatre, November 2022
- roving performance at TwoSixty, November 2022
- inclusion in the Melbourne Festival of Puppetry 2023 (to be negotiated)
More info; http://www.lemonys.net.au/the-lemony-s-lab-1
Who can apply?
Any creatives over the age of 18 interested in developing skills in puppetry and creating a professional performance can apply.
Creatives from any discipline can apply.
You do not have to have had previous experiences in puppet theatre but experienced people are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
There are two ways to apply.
Click on the link and fill in a short application form https://forms.gle/S6WyaLxb6x6D1zR57
Click on the link https://forms.gle/S6WyaLxb6x6D1zR57 and answer the questions with a short video.
videos must be no longer than 5 minutes
you can film your video on a phone
please don’t edit your video with other footage, we only want to hear from you
please upload your video to youtube, vimeo or other sharing platforms and send your video link and password to firstname.lastname@example.org
IF WE HAVE NOT MET YOUR ACCESS NEEDS TO APPLY, PLEASE CONTACT US ON email@example.com and we can discuss what you need,
APPLICATIONS DUE by January 30th 2022 5pm