The City of Stonnington is seeking submissions from Artistic Directors, Opera Companies and/or relevant Arts Organisations to develop the creative program for The Classics: Opera concert. Working with Council’s Festivals and Events team, the successful applicant will have responsibility for the artistic direction of The Classics: Opera concert in February 2023.
The Classics: Opera will make a long-awaited return, bringing this well-loved and well attended concert to audiences in February 2023. The Classics: Opera is a well-established, hugely popular event and is part of Stonnington’s season of signature outdoor events staged in parks, gardens and community spaces throughout the municipality.
The event has been highly acclaimed for its ability to present a high-quality program, entertain and educate a broad audience, who typically range in demographic and knowledge base and bring picnics to enjoy whilst watching the evening’s performance.
The Classics is a signature event in Melbourne’s cultural calendar and has grown to become a unique spectacular free outdoor concert appealing to Opera lovers and novices alike. Previous concerts have presented an evening of popular excerpts through to complete performances of well-known operas performed by professional opera singers and/or emerging local talent.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Contract No. Q22088 – The Classics: Opera 2023 – Artistic Direction Services
To formally apply, applicants must provide the following documents/information:
- Artistic Director – Concept Proposal – Outlining your approach to;
- Curating The Classics: Opera 2023
- Program innovations for 2024 and 2025 should contract extensions be awarded
- Diversity and accessibility
- Collaboratively working with City of Stonnington
- Budget proposal including Artistic Director Fee
(Note: total Artistic budget is $45,000)
- Examples of previous similar work and demonstration of your skills and expertise as an Artistic Director.
- Name and contact details for referees (minimum of three)
Submissions will only be accepted via VendorPanel, please refer below for important information on accessing and submitting via VendorPanel:
- To register your interest and prepare a submission please refer to the following link https://www.vendorpanel.com.au/stonnington/tenders.
- Please select ‘Preview’ and ‘Access this tender’.If you are not already registered with VendorPanel, please refer to link https://www.vendorpanel.com.au/Marketplace.asp
- Queries regarding the application will only be responded to via the VendorPanel Q&A function. Should you have any queries regarding the platform or registering, please contact VendorPanel on +61 3 9095 6181.
Quotations close 12.00 noon Tuesday, 5 July 2022.