Artist Michael Sollis is looking to work with artists to create video works that respond to and accompany the Griffyn Ensemble’s Southern Sky.We have modest artist fees of up to $2,000 for each artist.We are looking to work with artists from different mediums –visual/digital/ dance/other, and diverse backgrounds.
Artists are invited to create collaborative digital works that explore what the stars mean from a diversity of perspectives, in collaboration with music from Southern Sky. Artists will be paid to research the initial project, storyboard ideas and create a 1-5 minute video, animation, live drawing, performance (or other) that interprets the themes explored in Southern Sky and uses 1-5 minutes of the recording as the part to their work. The works will be shared with audiences via digital platforms such as social media, website, YouTube and other digital sharing platforms. The successful applicants will be credited as a co-creator and collaborator and we’d love for them to also share the finished work with their networks too.
We are accepting Expressions of Interest until 31 October 2021, to be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we looking for?
- Digital artists/dancers/animators/visual artists/anyone!
- Artists who want to explore the night sky from both a scientific perspective, a personal perspective, and diverse cultural perspectives.
- Artists from a diversity of different backgrounds – First Nation artists, different ages, diverse cultural backgrounds, and artists at various stages of their career.
- Ideas that may challenge and ask people questions: what do the stars mean to you?
- Ideas that offer interesting perspectives of the stars from a diversity of perspectives
See more information here: http://www.michaelsollis.com/southern-sky-call-out/