Chamber Made is now calling for applications for our 2024 Orange House by the Sea Artist Residency program for mid-career* artists who are working at the intersections of performance, sound and music. The residency is open to artists who identify as cis or trans women, trans men, non-binary or gender-non-conforming.**
We welcome applications from artists of all backgrounds, and encourage First Nations artists, artists from diverse backgrounds and artists with disabilities to apply.
Applications close Monday 18 March 2024 at 11.59 p.m. AEST. Submit your application here.
Please contact us at Chamber Made via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any access needs in terms of completing your application.
- Three weeks accommodation
- $3,000 stipend (an additional contribution towards child care is available if required)
- Access to an industry mentor
- There is no public outcome associated with the residency
- You will be required to submit a report of progress / findings to Chamber Made
The residency takes place between 5 August – 23 August 2024. Please note that the artist fee is a set amount.
The residency is open to mid-career* artists who identify as cis or trans women, trans men, non-binary or gender-non-conforming** and who are making, researching or developing work located at the intersection of performance, sound and music.
This opportunity is open to artists who are residents of Australia only. There is no additional travel stipend available so you will need to cover your own travel expenses to and from the residency.
The residency originated at the beautiful home of the late artist Margaret Cameron, the Orange House by the Sea (also known as ‘Crickneck’). Continuing the tradition and the spirit of developing inventive, new work by the coast, the residency remains on the bay or coastline but may be in a different house due to the availability of the original Orange House.
- Demonstrated experience of over 10 years in a performing arts practice
- Established engagement with cross-artform practice – particularly working across the areas of performance/theatre, sound art and art music.
- Clear articulation of the focus of the residency period (whether project focused or otherwise)
- Potential impact of the residency on the applicant’s artistic practice
Submit here: https://chambermade.org/events/2024-orange-house-by-the-sea-residency/