Expressions of Interest (EOI) are open for producers, artists and arts collectives who live or work in Hobsons Bay to deliver a creative project.
Provided as part of the Hobsons Bay COVID-19 Community Support Package, New Art is a new funding stream that will celebrate and support the local arts; our creatives, artists, and community by creatively activating spaces and precincts across the city.
The New Art funding pool is $90,000 in total. Funding is suited to large or small scale outcomes. Up to $30,000 (ex. GST) is available per project.
Projects can be events, art installations, lighting projects (season dependent), permanent art projects and or creative infrastructure projects. The aim will be to have new creative projects for people to engage with, experience, and enjoy.
A small number of projects will be shortlisted. A fee of $500 (ex. GST) will be paid to shortlisted artists to scope and budget the proposal in greater detail.
Budget and funding will need to cover all aspects of the development, fabrication, transport, portable power requirements and installation of the project or event.
Depending on the scale of the project, Public Liability Insurance may be required. Staff will be able to discuss options with you as part of the application process.
The EOI must include:
- a brief concept proposal that demonstrates how the project addresses the selection criteria
- proposed project timeline
- brief overview of installation methodology, structural considerations and use of material and equipment (where applicable)
- brief budget breakdown with key costs (e.g. artist fee/s, research and development, production and presentation)
- current CV and short biography of artist or collective (One page per artist)
- examples of previous relevant public art or projects (Optional)
For more information about New Art and the selection process, read the Information Packet here.(PDF, 190KB)
To submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) complete the smartygrants form here.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) can be submitted via smarty grants until 3pm Monday 31 January 2022.
New Art is enabled through Council’s COVID-19 Community Support Package to provide new opportunities for the creative sector and to celebrate local neighbourhoods and precincts across the city. It is presented as part of Creative City Hobsons Bay.
For further information, contact the Arts Culture & Heritage Team from 4 January 2022 on 1300 179 944 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org